The Three Robbers is a children's book by Tomi Ungerer. The book was adapted as a full length feature film by Hayo Freitag, released in mid-2007. There was also a 6-minute version released in 1972 by Gene Deitch.
The three robbers are very successful in their exploits, but one day there is a different treasure in the carriage they have stopped. There is only a lonely girl named Tiffany on her way to live with a wicked aunt, so the robbers carry Tiffany off to their hideout. When Tiffany sees all of the treasure the robbers have collected, she asks what it is for, and the robbers have no answer. Later the robbers decide to open an orphanage with their wealth and all uncared children go to live there.
In October 2008 Phaidon Press Inc. will release an English language edition of the book.
The Characters you will meet...
- The Robber with a Blunderbuss
- The Robber with a Pepper-Blower
- The Robber with a Huge Red Axe
- The Orphan Girl, Tiffany
Please add your review here.
- Reading Age: 4 - 8 years
- Reading Aloud Age: Preschool - 3
The book's tone is dark and spooky. The Robbers' appearance may frighten small children, but it's a perfect story to read as a Children's Ghost Story or as a Halloween Story.
If you like this you might like
- Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
- The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson
- What's Under My Bed? by James Stevenson
- Teeny-Tiny & the Witch-Woman by Barbara K. Walker
- What Was I Scared Of? by Dr. Seuss