All is well on Mistmantle, with the new Princess Catkin, the Heir of Mistmantle, being born. Everyone is glad for the celebrations and ceremonies soon to take place. Then, on a quiet night a distraught squirrel named Linty babysits the princess to get a chance to take her away. The search for the missing Catkin would have gone full force, but the island was soon thrown into turmoil with rumors, disease, and landslides threatening the homes and lives of everyone. The royal family needs to gain the animal's trust, but to do that, they may have to find the body of a long dead villain before a landslide can crush Linty's hiding place.
Please add your review here.
- Reading Age: add your suggested reading age
- Reading Aloud Age: add your suggested read-aloud age
Drunk characters are mentioned, and one character is almost burned to death. Also, one character wants to die and tries to get killed heroically.
- Island of Mistmantle
- Anemone Wood
- Falls Cliffs
- Mistmantle Tower
- Chamber of Candles
- Gathering Chamber
- Throne Room
- Mole Palace
- Seathrift Meadow
- Spring Gate
- Tangle Bay
- Western Woods
- Island of Whitewings
The Heart is ever watching its followers and adversaries hereafter described...
- Mother Huggen
- Needle (Needle of the Threadings)
- Silverbirch (King Silverbirch)
- Fingal (Fingal of the Floods)
- Lady Aspen
- Crispin (King Crispin, Crispin the Swanrider)
- Brother Fir
- Juniper (Brother Juniper, Juniper of the Journeyings)
- Sepia (Sepia of the Songs, Sepia of the Singing Voice, Sepia of the Quiet Spirit)
- Smokewreath (Smokewreath the Sorcerer)
- Thrippia (Tippy)
- Urchin (Urchin of the Riding Stars)
- Daisy ((Linty mistook Catkin for Daisy))
- Apple's old hat is used for many special occasions.
- Apple's apple and mint cordial has an undesirable flavor.
Animals in the Circle (other than captains, royalty, priests)
- Mother Huggen
- The Heir of Mistmantle game and First Five (see Urchin and the Heartstone).
"The fatherless will find a father
The hills will fall into earth
The dead paw will stretch out to the living
There will be a pathway in the sea,
Then the Heir of Mistmantle will come home."
If you like this you might like
- http://mistmantle.wikia.com/wiki/The_Heir_of_Mistmantle The book's page on a wiki devoted to it.