The Guardians of Childhood is a series of children's picture books and novels and the inspiration for DreamWorks' Rise of the Guardians adaptation. The books are written and illustrated by author William Joyce, whose other works include George Shrinks, Santa Calls, A Day with Wilbur Robinson, and the much loved Rolie Polie Olie series, which has earned Joyce three Emmy awards.
The series currently consists of five books and will total thirteen by its completion.[[|]] Originally, it would have been seven chapter books and six picture books,[[|]] but was recently changed to seven picture books, which will detail each character's origins, and five chapter books.[[|]]
When the Man in the Moon first came in our world, he chooses the heroes who will be known as "Santa Claus", The "Easter Bunny", The "Tooth Fairy" and the "Sandman" to protect the world's children from the Boogeyman whose main purpose is to destroy all dreams and replace them with nightmares.
Please add your review here.
The Characters you will meet
- The Man in the Moon
- Nicholas St. North
- E. Aster Bunnymund
- The Sandman
- Jack Frost
- Pitch Black, the Nightmare King
Books in the series
- Nicholas St. North and the Battle of the Nightmare King (2011)
- E. Aster Bunnymund and the Warrior Eggs at the Earth's Core! (2012)
- Toothiana: Queen of the Tooth Fairy Armies (2012)
- The Sandman and the War of Dreams (2013)
- Reading Age: Ages 8 & Up (for some scenes in the chapter books may be scary for young children)
- Read Aloud Age: Ages 4 & Up
Add comments about the book's suitability, possible concerns and content. If the book is totally clean put "Clean".
If you like this you might like
- Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
- The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
- Percy Jackson & the Olympians by Rick Riordan
- The Spiderwick Chronicles by Tony DiTerlizzi & Holly Black
- The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- The Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
- Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie