Raymond Briggs ia an English illustrator, cartoonist and graphic novelist. He was born Wimbledon, London, England to Ethel and Ernest Briggs where he attended Rutlish School for Boys to pursue a career in cartooning and studied painting at the Slade School of Fine Art. He began working in children's books in 1958 where he illustrated Peter and the Piskies: Cornish Folk and Fairy Tales, an anthology by Ruth Manning-Sanders. His most known works include The Snowman, Father Christmas, and The Bear.
Please add your review here.
- Reading age: add your suggested reading age
- Read aloud age: add your suggested read-aloud age
Add comments about the book's suitability, possible concerns and content. If the book is totally clean put "Clean".
List of books
All by Briggs unless otherwise
- Peter and the Piskies: Cornish Folks and Fairy Tales (1958) by Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Shackleton's Epic Voyage (1969) by Micheal Brown
- Jim and the Beanstalk (1971)
- Father Christmas (1973)
- Father Chriatmas Goes on Holiday (1975)
- Fungus the Bogeyman (1977)
- The Snowman (1978)
- Gentleman Jim (1980)
- When the Wind Blows (1982)
- The Tin-Pot Foreign General and the Old Iron Woman (1984)
- The Man (1992)
- The Bear (1994)
- Ug: boy genius of the Stone Age (2001)
- The Adventures of Bert (2001)
- A Bit More Bert (2002)
- The Puddleman (2004)
- http://www.puffin.co.uk/nf/Author/AuthorPage/0,,1000005183,00.html#BIOAdd external links here.