The Professor Branestawm series is a series of 13 books, written by Norman Hunter.
The Professor was a great (if absent-minded) inventor, always ready to turn his genius to the practical affairs of housekeeping, whether in the matter of a burglar trap of some comprehensive device to get spring-cleaning over quickly. His best intentions, however, seemed to land him in the worst scrapes. Sometimes they involved his housekeeper, Mrs. Flittersnoop, sometimes his best friend Colonel Dedshott, but somehow he never managed to solve the comparatively simple problem of keeping count of the five pairs of spectacles which he generally wore simultaneously so as to be prepared for all eventualities.
Hilarious comedies, mainly involving the machines that the Professor invents, which always seem to go wrong...
This series is hilariously funny, and the professor's appeal is timeless. His weird and wonderful adventures always go wrong, in the most unpredictable ways. Very, very good, especially for boys aged 8–12.
Please add your review here.
Books in the series
- The Incredible Adventures of Professor Branestawm (1933)
- Professor Branestawm's Treasure Hunt (1937)
- The Peculiar Triumph of Professor Branestawn (1970)
- Professor Branestawm Up the Pole (1972)
- Professor Branestawm's Great Revolution (1974)
- Professor Branestawm Round the Bend (1977)
- Professor Branestawm's Perilous Pudding (1979)
- Professor Branestawm and the Wild Letters (1981)
- Professor Branestawm's Pocket Motor Car (1981)
- Professor Branestawm's Mouse War (1982)
- Professor Branestawm's Building Bust-Up (1982)
- Professor Branestawm's Crunchy Crockery (1983)
- Professor Branestawm's Hair-Raising Idea (1983)
- Reading Age: 8+
- Read Aloud Age: 7+
If you like this you might like
Please add other books here.
Add external links here.