Primarily about a small cub named Little Bear and his Mama Bear as they go through life in the forest. It has a similar time era background as Little House on the Prairie but with richer items. Each book contains four stories per book.
This series was later adapted into a television show on Nick Jr. in the mid-90s and then a feature length film based off the show.
In 2002, Minarik started writing new stories that were one story per book and without Sendak's involvement.
Please add your review here.
Books in the series
- Little Bear (1957)
- Father Bear Comes Home (1959)
- Little Bear's Friend (1960)
- Little Bear's Visit (1961)
- A Kiss for Little Bear (1968)
- Little Bear's New Friend (Apr. 16, 2002)
- A Present for Mother Bear (Apr. 16, 2002)
- Father's Flying Flapjacks (Apr. 16, 2002)
- The Search for Spring (Apr. 16, 2002)
- To Grandmother's House (Apr. 16, 2002)
- Little Bear and the Missing Pie (Aug. 20, 2002)
- Little Bear Makes a Scarecrow (Aug. 20, 2002)
- Little Bear's Loose Tooth (Aug. 20, 2002)
- Little Bear's Scary Night (Aug. 20, 2002)
- Little Bear's Valentine (Nov. 26, 2002)
- The Snowball Fight (Dec. 17. 2002)
- Get Well Soon, Little Bear! (Dec. 17, 2002)
- Father Bear's Special Day (Mar. 25, 2003)
- Little Bear's Egg (Mar. 25, 2003)
- Spring Cleaning (Mar. 25, 2003)
- Mother Bear's Picnic (Mar. 25, 2003)
- Little Bear Makes a Mask (Aug. 5, 2003)
- Little Bear's Picture (Aug. 5, 2003)
- I Miss You, Father Bear (Sept, 2003)
- Little Bear's Bad Day (Sept. 16, 2003)
- The Cricket Who Came to Dinner (Sept. 16, 2003)
- Lost in Little Bear's Room (Mar. 2, 2004)
- Lucky Little Bear (Mar. 2, 2004)
- The Toy's Wedding (Mar. 2, 2004)
- The Butterfly Garden (Mar. 2, 2004)
- Emily's Birthday (June 1, 2004)
- Asleep Under the Stars (June 1, 2004)
- Little Bear and the Marco Polo (Sept. 7, 2010)
- Reading Age: 5-10
- Read Aloud Age: 5-10
Add comments about the book's suitability, possible concerns and content. If the book is totally clean put "Clean".
If you like this you might like
- Add external links here.