Alex Rider is a young adult series of spy novels, written by Anthony Horowitz. The main series comprises nine books, starting with Stormbreaker (2000), and ending with Scorpia Rising (2011). Although Horowitz has finished writing the main series, he is currently writing Russian Roulette, a prequel centred around Yassen Gregorovich, an assassin who appeared in several of the earlier novels. According to Horowitz, the novel will be published in November 2013. The first four books have also been published as graphic novels. A film adaptation of Stormbreaker was released in 2006.
All the books feature Alex Rider, a teenage spy, as their main character. Alex Rider is just an ordinary school boy until his uncle dies, and suddenly he is recruited by MI6. He is sent on various missions, each one more dangerous than the last, saving the world many times.
Brilliant series, sooooo exciting I couldn't put the books down!! Excellent for any young James Bond fans or Spy wannabies!!!!
Please add your review here.
Books in the series
- Point Blanc
- Skeleton Key
- Eagle Strike
- Ark Angel
- Crocodile Tears
- Scorpia Rising
- Russian Roulette (Prequel, due for publication in November 2013)
- Stormbreaker: The Graphic Novel
- Point Blanc: The Graphic Novel
- Skeleton Key: The Graphic Novel
- Eagle Strike: The Graphic Novel
- Reading Age: 12+
- Read Aloud Age: 12+
Quite a lot of Guns and shooting, and Alex faces various horrible perils. A lot of the bad characters die.
If you like this you might like
- ↑ Tweet from Anthony Horowitz. "I have finished the first chapter of "Russian Roulette" - the new book about Yassen."
- ↑ Tweet from Anthony Horowitz. "Yassen comes out next November, hopefully."